Ear Studs from Stainless Steel "Iron Cross"
Size front: approx. 9x9mm
1 pair knights cross earrings made of high polished surgical steel
The Iron Cross is closely associated to Germany since here it represents the highest military commendation. It was founded by emperor Friedrich Wilhelm III. of Prussia in 1813 during the war agains Napoleon and consists of silver rimmed iron. It was awarded in all later wars up to Worldwar 1. As opposed to the swastika the iron cross was never removed from the german iconography.
Templar / Knights Cross:
The "Templar's Cross" (also "paw cross" or "lily cross") was only worn by the elite of the templar knights. The tips of the cross (paws) stood for the connection of intellectual power to the bravery of the knights through the cross of christ.
- Advantages of stainless steel over silver:
- no tarnishing of the material
- no discoloration of skin or clothing
- much harder than silver and thus practically indestructible
- durable brilliance due to no corrosion