Stainless Steel Skull Pendant with Helmet
Pendant with unique design
You will get a black, waterproof and waxed cotton string for free in addition.
The pendant is 23 mm wide and 38 mm long
The eyelet has a diameter from 5 mm
Classic skull pendant without lower jaw and helmet. Handmade from 316L surgical steel in high polished design
Brand new design! Really cool piece! Check out all the pictures!
- Advantages of stainless steel over silver:
- no tarnishing of the material
- no discoloration of skin or clothing
- much harder than silver and thus practically indestructible
- durable brilliance due to no corrosion
The skull is a widely known symbol of Vanitas and "Memento Mori" which goes to show the bodys limited time on earth and its inevitable turn to dust. The skull, domicile of the brain, is perceived in many cultures as the vessel of the spirit and the soul and thus as the source for thought and life. Skulls were amongst other things used in alchemy for conversion processes. Vanitas symbols - mostly with moralizing intent - are supoposed to remind of perishability of life and of material goods. Another one of their themes is the escape of everything lively from violent interference. The term "Memento Mori" originated in latin and means literally "Remember to die" (means -that you will have to die). In use is also "Memento Mortis" ("Remember death"). The exhortation "Memento Mori" was already used in the antiquity. A slave in ancient rome would stand behind his successful (in battle) master, who was given a victory parade, holding a laurel wreath and the Jupiter temple crown above his head reminding him without pause of the following:
- Memento mori: Remember that you will have to die!
- Memento te hominem esse: Remember that you are human.
- Respice post te, hominem te esse memento: Look around - think, that you are only human.
Necklace Pendant Stainless Steel Jewelry Men Women Accessory Jewelry chain biker rocker army skull